Saturday, January 8, 2011

Best of the Break

While on winter break, I spent a week in Palm Springs and a week in Hawaii. While in Palm Springs it had record rainfall for the first time in centuries and in Hawaii we spent our days by the pool soaking up the sun we never get. After traveling to Palm Springs so many times you can only photograph the flowers in your yard so many times, plus when it's raining it proves slightly impossible to take photos. Then in Hawaii we spent the day by the pool, which doesn't provide a situation to haul out the big Canon. People in bikinis with their kids aren't exactly comfortable with a girl with a huge camera taking photos! Plus, that doesn't add a huge comfort factor for me! So I was left with photos of sunsets and a few flower shots from walking around the resort! Here are some of my favorite shots from Hawaii! Please let me know what you think!

4 comments:

texwisgirl said...

Well, I really liked the first shot - that is, until I saw your last one! That's gorgeous! :)

- Jessi - said...

These are beautiful. I want to go there. I love the last shot with the silhouette of the trees!

Janell said...

Gorgeous pics! Love the one of the plumeria flowers with the torch behind it. Glad you had a good time here in Hawaii!

Catherine Grace Life Photography said...

How fun! You got lots of great photos!