Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!

Seattle has been hit by a winter storm and we have received lots of snow because of it! If you might have guessed, Seattle doesn't get a lot of snow usually and this is very abnormal so we are all soaking it in! We have had the chance of one to three inches of snow since Monday and it has arrived! We might break and overnight low tonight and didn't get above freezing today. Can you say, hello ice? There hasn't been any snow today but yesterday it was snowing like crazy! We even had school yesterday too, which is very weird because usually if there is snow there is no school. I had a half day on Monday and I am very happy with my half day of school for the week! Ha! I'm so excited for the six day weekend ahead of me and here are some pictures I have taken of the winter storm! 
What do you think? Any tips for shooting in the snow?

4 comments:

texwisgirl said...

What a treat for you and your family this week! Enjoy it while it lasts!!!

Barbara said...

We had the first snow shower of winter last night, not a lot but it's there. These are great images, love the icicles. I'm just reading about shooting in snow myself and how to compensate for the camera under-exposing the scene because of the brightness...

Katherine said...

Hey there!

Just found your blog, and i am so, so glad i did :) You take wonderful photographs. I, like you, am a high school student too!

Anyway, wonderful shots, they are beautiful. I looove the snow, but unfortunately, here in Australia it doesnt snow much at all!

Anyway, look forward to hearing from you...

Much love,

K xx

www.thoseblissmoments.blogspot.com

Ashley Sisk said...

These photos all look really cold. I have no advice - I don't know what to do either!