Sunday, May 30, 2010

"M" is for Manual

Over the last couple of weeks I have really wanted to start to learn how to use, the Manual option on my Canon Rebel, and this week I gave it my first try!
I realized that I can get great pictures using the M on the dial on the top of my camera, but it does take a little extra thinking!
I put together some other good things to remember, of which way to TURN the dial's to get the best results... "Oh I need this lighter, woah, this isn't lighter. There we go!" Ha!
While outside I took lots of pictures, and made lots of mistakes, but I learned through the process!
This summer I am hoping for some gorgeous weather so I can work on learning Manual mode on my camera, to help me use it all the time! I am now reading books about the basics and my goal is to know my camera's every button and what it does. I have been reading some great advice from other blogs about manual and there was one suggestion to know your camera by heart before upgrading and I think that is a great idea! So, wish me luck and if you have any suggestions PLEASE share them!!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Are you going to upgrade soon?

Skeller said...

an excellent plan!!! this is exactly the path I took: I learned my Rebel backwards, forwards, upside down and upgraded only when I knew exactly how & why I had maxed out my Rebel.

your photography is beautiful - I absolutely love your most recent roses :-).